Monday, October 15, 2012

Banzai Con 2012

What: BanzaiCon 1
When: October 12th-14th
Location: Columbia, South Carolina

BanzaiCon is a first year con run by the same group that runs IchibanCon, Triad Anime Con, and many other awesome cons. BanzaiCon was located in a lovely Marriot in Columbia, SC. The hotel was large, and had many wonderful food places to eat throughout the weekend. 

Friday I arrived at the con in the afternoon. Got checked into the hotel, and hung out with my wonderful friends. Also checked out the convention area, which was a good size for a first year convention. Got into one of my lolita outfits (so excited to wear my new skirt!!) Checked out the dealers room and artist alley, got a really cute panda and triceratops ring!


Saturday, I was up early to judge the cosplay contest. Got to see a lot of amazing entries.   For lunch I got to go to a amazing crepe restaurant that was about a block from the hotel. It was so good, I am so jealous that they have a crepe place and there is nothing like that near me! lol.
After judging I got into my Haunted Mansion Lolita dress for the cosplay contest. Went to the contest, judged the skit and saw all the entries on stage, then handed out awards. So many wonderful costumes! and I was so happy to see everyone who won so excited!

Once the contest was over a group of us checked out this great ramen house called Menkoi Ramen House, about two blocks from the hotel. It was so good, I got the spicy ramen and a salmon rice ball! Once back at the hotel we all chilled out in the hotel and played Cards Against Humanity.


Sunday I got all packed up and chilled out with friends while they sold stuff at the anime flea market. said my goodbyes and headed home!

I had a blast with all my wonderful friends and judging for the cosplay at BanzaiCon. Cannot wait to have another awesome weekend with everyone soon!!


HERE is also a awesome article about the convention. Some photos of me show up in it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment