Monday, October 31, 2016

[Tea Review] David's Tea Haloween Blends "Stormy Night" and "Witches Brew"



Every year David's Tea brings out a variety of fall favorites, from a great selection of Pumpkin Teas to some other really fun themed teas! I was able to visit a David's Tea and picked up the bat themed sample sizes they had of the two (they also had this is Pumpkin Cheesecake but I had a bag of that at home.) The packaging for these 15g packs is so cute! I love the bat design! They were two for $10.00 so I figured why not, lets try out these Teas with chocolate in them!


The first tea I tried was called "Stormy Night" its a black tea with dark chocolate, ground vanilla bean, cinnamon, allspice, clove, and chilli. It has a great chocolaty, spicy smell to it. Very different from the other teas I drink, it almost has a mild hot cocoa smell to it. 


The taste is weird. The chocolate isn't a dominate taste in it. The vanilla and black tea are with a hint of chocolate in the background. the color is almost that of hot cocoa, very dark and chocolaty looking. With how the tea looked I expected it to have much more of a chocolate taste to it. The tea is refreshing, and I could see this being a great, cold evening in front of the fire tea. This tea runs $10.98 for 2oz. or you can find the smaller serving pouches still in stores (sold out online). check it out on their webpage here!


The other tea I tried from their Halloween line is called Witches Brew. This tea has a great sweet smell to the rooibos tea. It has rooibos, candied bats and witches hats, and cocoa beans in it. Compared to the two teas this one smell wise is the most appealing to me. The taste was also really good. I like this one the best out of the two I tried. The rooibos tea has a great taste with a hint of chocolate, and the little sprinkle candies give it a tiny hint of sweetness that is not overpowering to me at all. I also love the smaller sizes that David's offers since they make a few cups of tea without having to buy 2oz. (which can be a lot if it is a tea you aren't too sure about.) You can purchase Witches Brew for $8.98 for 2oz. or still find the awesome bat bags in stores. 









1 comment: