Monday, September 26, 2016

[Tea Review] Capitol Tea's Pumpkin Spice Oolong

For the next few weeks all my tea, makeup/beauty and food reviews will have a fall theme to them! I am starting off with a tea from Capitol Tea's, a tea company that has its headquarters in Annapolis Maryland, but have stores all over Maryland, DC and Virginia. I purchased my Pumpkin Spice Oolong at their Charlottesville, Va. location. 


I chose the Pumpkin Spice Oolong for the amazing smell it has, a spicy smell with hints of pumpkin and apples, and because I had so many Pumpkin Chai's that I wanted to mix things up a bit, and who doesnt love a good Oolong every now and then! I got 4oz. of the tea (since that was the smallest amount they would sell in store) and it cost 24.90 for it. HOWEVER looking on their webpage you can also order there and get 2oz. of the tea for 12.45, for those who just want a little bit to drink.


Capitol Teas Tin 

The tea looks amazing and smells amazing, like I said above, the tea has a great spicy smell to it with hints of pumpkin and apple (you can even see the apple pieces in the tea.) The Oolong leaves are also beautiful in color and after they were steeped the tea swelled up and you could see how fresh it all was. 

Loose Tea
The color of this tea was a dark honey color, and has a light pumpkin pie smell to me. I know there is tea in there but I cant smell it from the pumpkin spice, which is fine because it smells delicious. 

Tea after steeping for 3-5 minutes
The taste isn't as spicy as the smell but you have pumpkin and apple hints in it. The taste is good and this would be a great, sit by the fire and sip tea in my opinion. The description for this tea on the webpage is "A rich organic oolong with the flavors of fall, this seasonal treat features creamy pumpkin and apples accentuated by rich vanilla."


I didn't really taste any vanilla in the tea, but that's OK to me too since that is one flavor that can overwhelm the others to me. I really enjoyed this tea, it has a little bit of an earthy tone to it from the Oolong, which is normal in Oolong tea. Overall a great warm tea to enjoy! You can find it here on Capitol Tea's Webpage



No comments:

Post a Comment