Monday, January 11, 2016

[Tea Review] Charleston Tea Plantation "Rockville Raspberry Tea"

While visiting the Brookgreen Gardens in Murrells Inlet, SC and looking in their gift shop, I came across some teas made locally (or somewhat locally) so I picked up a few to give them a try!


Charleston Tea Gardens is a tea plantation in Wadmalaw Island, SC. They grow and make all their tea and even have it where you can go and visit and take tours (which I hope to do one day because that sounds really cool.)


Rockville Raspberry Tea, seems to be appropriately named since the tea plantation is near Rockville, SC. The package I got was one large tea bag (I bought it individually at the shop) It is in a pretty pink wrapper, and the second you rip it open you get an amazing raspberry smell! Like one the fruitiest most delicious smelling teas I have ever had hit my nose full force.


After steeping it still keeps some of the smell, but not quite as strong. Which is fine since the subtle scent is very pleasing while drinking the tea. The taste of the tea (warm) is very pleasing, a hint of fruit with the tea, it is not overpowering. This tea is also fantastic cold as well (with a dab of sugar or honey to sweeten it a bit.)


You can find the webpage for Charleston Tea Plantation online here! They have information about their tours and their tea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment