Monday, January 18, 2016

[Tea Review] Choice Whole Leaf Organics "Jasmine Green"

I received a lovely package from a friend as a Christmas gift with two wonderful teas in it. I did not know what was in the box when I received it, and the box was so cute that I have to also post photos of it as well!


First off this box is super cute! And I was like, what is this from a coffee place... I don't drink coffee..... But then I turned the box over and.......


OMG there is a Pug drawn on the back of the box!!! How cute is that! The person who sent me this must really know me and my extreme love of Pugs....... (this has been cut from the box and is currently somewhere safe because it is darn cute!)  OK, now onto the Tea!


I was sent two teas, so I am going to start with the Jasmine Green. This is a box of 15  pyramid tea bags individually wrapped. The box was really lovely made and explains the companies purpose from being the first tea crafter in the U.S. to be Fair Trade Certified. The tea bags are also biodegradable and made from recycled materials. Choice Organic Teas seems to be a really socially responsible tea company from reading their webpage and how they pay their workers. The tea company is out of Seattle Washington.


Now onto the tea itself! This tea has a lovely Jasmine smell to it. I just wanted to sit and smell the tea forever. But I also wanted to drink it sooooooooo I had to give in and steep it. The tea kept the same wonderful scent once it was brewed though. I love aromatic teas.


The taste was light, it had that green tea taste, with a hint of Jasmine taste to it, but it was not overpowering at all. Very mellow and light. It was more of a floral green tea taste than an earthy green tea taste. I would highly recommend this to someone who is not a big tea drinker but wants tea to drink.



No comments:

Post a Comment