Wednesday, October 5, 2016

[Fall Beer Review] Southern Tier - Pumpking Imperial Ale

This fall, my friend Josh will be doing guest posts of Fall Beers that you can find now in stores



The first beer review I've actually written out, this should be fun, plus you know, beer. Southern Tier makes some good beer and as soon as I see Pumking on the shelf, that means that October is super close! So I like to keep an eye out for it.



Pumking is a beautiful copper color and pours with a good head. The aroma you get is a nice pumpkin spice and malt. The first sip has the mouth feel of a good ale, smooth but with the bubbles adding a bit of texture.



The taste is another reason I seek this beer out. The first thing that hits your palette is the taste of pumpkin pie filling, then as the beer continues you get a bit of graham cracker crust and a tiny bit of vanilla right at the end of the swallow.  It really is like drinking a pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream on top.

Look for this beer, first to signify fall is here, second because it's a good easy drinking and delicious pumpkin beer.


I may like it...

Southern Tier's Pumking Imperial Ale
8.6% ABV
5 IBUs

1 comment: